Since my first request for a doily, I have fallen in love with crocheting with thread. It takes a little adjustment, not only to work with the tiny little needle, but to make your fingers hold the skinny little thread, especially after working with yarn. But once your fingers are convinced that the movements are the same, everything just comes together.
Lately, I have been looking for the perfect pattern for a background for a new memo board for my kitchen. There are a lot of beautiful patterns out there, but while playing around, my fingers came up with this:
I've designed patterns for lots of different things, but never anything like this. It's very basic, simple and maybe even plain in comparison to some that I've seen, but here it is. Of course, it's only a few inches wide, so I made several more, joining them as I went. I added a border and came up with this:
Add a picture frame:
and any dry erase marker:
And you have a beautiful memo board. At least I think so. I was pleased to hear that my husband agreed. I hung this right by our door so that we can write grocery notes, bill reminders, whatever we need to remember before we head out to run errands. This is really going to help.
Usually, I don't share my patterns. Not because I don't want to share but because usually when I write them down, they only make sense to me. This pattern has only been tested by me, so if you decide to try it, certainly let me know if you have any problems or questions! The pattern is as follows:
Flower Squared Pattern
Round one: ch 6, join with slst. ch 2, hdc 11 in circle- 12 hdc.
Round two: ch 2, 2 trc cl in same st as joining. *(ch 5, slst in 4th ch from hk (picot made). ch 1, 3 trc cl in next sp) repeat from * around. slst to top of beg ch. (12 petals, 12 picots)
Round three: sc in joining. *(ch 6, skip picot, sc in tip of next 3trc cl.) repeat from * 11 x's. ch 3, trc in beg sc.
Round four: sc in top of joining trc. (ch 5, sc in next ch 6 sp, ch 6, slst in 3rd ch from hk (picot made), ch 3, sc in next ch 6 sp, ch 5, sc in next ch 6 sp) 3 x's. ch 5, sc in next ch 6 sp, ch 6, slst in 3rd ch from hk, ch 3, sc in next ch 6 sp, ch 3, dc in joining sc.
Round five: ch 1, sc in top of dc. [ch 6, sc in next ch 5 sp, ch 6, (sc, ch 4, sc) all in picot, ch 6, sc in next ch 5 sp] 4 x's, join in beg sc.
Round six: slst to next ch 6 sp, ch 1, [6sc in next 2 ch6 spaces, (sc, hdc, dc, ch 1, dc, hdc, sc) all in next ch 4 space, 6 sc in next ch 6 sp] 4 x's. slst to beg sc. fasten off. weave in ends.




No comments:
Post a Comment