I don't know where I got it into my head that I wanted an owl pendant. I have spent a year looking for just the right one, but they were all too gaudy or gold or big.... Then today, out of the random, I see this sweet little owl looking at me. He's about an inch tall and came 2 in a pack for $1.47 at Hobby Lobby (my new favorite place, by the way)! Although I don't spend much time making jewelry, my sister gave me some awesome tools and beads for Christmas and I have been waiting for the right opportunity. Although I actually started another necklace two weeks ago, it's going to be a slow process with a lot of detail, so I decided to throw this one together right away. Now, please understand, I was working with beads and things that I had on hand and I don't have much experience. It could have come out better, and the earrings are just temporary until I can find/ make some others to go with the necklace, which I made completely from scratch, by the way. Head pins are challenge to work with at first, but fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment