Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Rag Rug

A while back, I found these weird rolls at Deseret Industries. I have no idea what they were originally intended for. There were tons of them. Upon closer inspection, they are rolls of cotton material, like t-shirt material. Really soft. I've always wanted to try crocheting with something like this. I have this really fat hook that is bigger around than my thumb that I've never really been able to use. I discovered quickly that the four rolls wouldn't actually go very far, so I decided that I would try to make a rug.


It is really soft (cushy), and I will be able to toss it in the wash, no problem. It's also really heavy.That was one thing I hadn't been expecting. I crocheted this in an afternoon, and it was such a struggle. After about five rows, I found it difficult to hold my completed work while I continued to work on it. About two days after finishing it, I noticed that I had no strength in my right hand. I had shooting pains in my right hand and arm for about three days. I'm glad that I tried it, but NEVER AGAIN. Not worth it.

No comments: