Thursday, May 19, 2011

Another baby afghan

When I delivered the baby blanket to my sister the other day, she asked me if I'd have time to make another one for her by Saturday (it being Tuesday). Due to the fact that I was going to try to work with small amounts of several different colors, I settled on another motif style pattern. I honestly didn't think I'd want to do another one so soon after the last, but this one worked up much more quickly. It came out much smaller than I intended, but I love the colors and actually find it to be rather pretty. If my sister decides she doesn't want it, that's okay with me! The motif pattern is actually from a pillow pattern called "Copenhagen Pillow" by Red Heart.




I finished it off by weaving two strands of yarn around the edge of the blanket and tying a dainty bow in the corner. I'm very pleased with the final results.


No comments: