My sister has been going to a lot of yard sales lately and has been finding some great deals. Saturday was no exception. She found a huge box of yarn for $3.00. When she called me and told me about it, I pictured a little box with 10-12 skeins of yarn. When her husband walked in with the box, my jaw dropped. Boy was I off. Check out this load of yarn.

It's all in really good condition, too. You can't always be sure when you buy this way, but this is all clean and nice. All of those skeins of blue and red that you see on the right hand side of the picture are Red Heart Grande craft yarn. I have never worked with a yarn that was larger than a size 4 weight. This is a size 6 and calls for an M crochet hook, which I don't currently own. It is super soft and super chunky.

The white yarn on the left is what I typically work with on baby afghans, and the navy is just a standard weight yarn. I have no idea what I'm going to use that chunky yarn for, but I'm sure I will come up with something!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment