Whenever my husband and I are in the car together, it is inevitable that one of us is uncomfortable. Either he's too hot because I keep turning the ac down, or I'm too cold because he's hot. I figure that since it's easier for me to bundle up and get warm than for him to stay cool, I need a blanket to keep in the car. Not just any blanket, of course. I need a Pillowghan, something that can be wrapped up nice and neat and look pretty when I'm not using it. This project took me weeks to complete, but I had so much fun working with the variety of pretty patterns.

The front of the pillowghan cover is done in pretty ruffles based on a pattern called
Leafy Greens (hard to see here, but so pretty and soft!!)

The back duplicates one of the square patterns from the blanket. The pattern is called
Winter Rose Sampler Sqaure. If you look at the top, you can just see the homemade buttons I made to match by crocheting over plastic canvas.

And of course, the afghan portion of the pillowghan. It isn't very large because I plan to use it in the car. I didn't want something that was going to drag on the floor and get dirty or anything. The second afghan square I used is called
Flower and Trebles. This girl is a genius. I love her patterns, they are so creative and pretty! Honestly, there are so many gorgeous patterns out there!
1 comment:
I have starred this in my Google Reader because I love it! I would love to buy one from you!!
Post a Comment