Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summer Wreath

I realized yesterday that now that all the holidays are passed, I need an anytime wreath. Seeking inspiration, I stumbled across a really cute idea for a crochet braided wreath by Gayle at planetmfiles.com . Out of a desire to simplify an already simple pattern, rather than crochet tubes, I crocheted 3 flat strips and braided them together. Although I really liked her bow, I had this beautiful mum flower from another project I've been working on (more details on that later!). Since the wreath is for summer, I found it to be more fitting. That brings me to this point:



I really like it, though it's a bit small, only about 8 inches across. So, somewhere in my crazy head, I remembered a picture frame that I had saved from becoming trash years ago. I picked out a pretty blue color to paint the frame and now, I have a highly unusual summer wreath that I love!



No comments: