I am one of the few women who does not like to be given flowers or plants. Don't get me wrong, I love flowers and greenery of all sorts. Sadly, my thumb is black, rather than a helpful shade of green. It breaks my heart to watch plants die. So, with that said, when I see flower pots, I don't think of plants, I think of crafts. Are you surprised?
It all started many years ago at Halloween with a sweet little ghost.

I can't help but smile each year as I unwrap him and find a special place for display.
When I was growing up, my dad made this awesome wooden pumpkin family. Every year, I got so excited to put out that family. I was so glad that no one else really cared, because I loved those pumpkins. So, a few years after my ghost was "born", I decided that, although it's just Roy and I, we needed a pumpkin family of our own.

Again, I have enjoyed my little flower pot pumpkins so much that when I found some pots on sale, I knew I had to extend the family this year.

The witch is kind of hidden beneath her hair, but I love the newest members of my Halloween collection. If you are looking for a fun and easy craft to do with your kids, this is it! There are just so many things you can do with flower pots. So many, in fact, that I find myself stumped. You see, I have one medium size pot left and I can't decide whether to do a mummy, a bat, or a vampire. Or... maybe a scarecrow? See? So many possibilities! If you have an opinion, I would love for you to share what you think. What do
you think I should make with my last flower pot?
No comments:
Post a Comment