October 14th was National I Love Yarn Day. Isn't it funny how they have a "National Day" for anything and everything under the sun? Well, I guess this just proves there is something out there for everyone.
To celebrate, the yarn council (yes, there is a yarn council) recommended a few different activities. A few of them were:
To celebrate, the yarn council (yes, there is a yarn council) recommended a few different activities. A few of them were:
-Create an "I Love Yarn" badge
- Teach someone to knit or crochet
-Do something for charity
-Wear a knitted or crocheted item
-Give a gift of yarn
Although different things had been running through my mind all week, when it came down to it, laundry, clean bathrooms, and a balanced checkbook came first. Still, since I did wear my crocheted slippers and started working on a baby afghan for a woman in our ward (give a gift of yarn), I will check those two off the list. Although a day late, today I plan to check " Do something for Charity" off the list, something that is also on my "New Year's Resolutions" list for 2011, and every year, really.
This year, I am coordinating with my Relief Society President on a charity project. Her husband is in the military, so she is very involved with the families of those who serve. After some deliberation, we decided that I would make teddy bears for her to give to some of the children in our neighborhood whose fathers are serving during Christmas. I have been working on this project for a few months and am not quite halfway to my goal. I had planned on sharing my pattern for the teddy bear with you today, but I feel that actually making the bear is more important. Instead, I will share a picture of the last bear I made. I apologize that she doesn't have any eyes. It's a work in progress. 
With luck, I will soon be posting the final project, all 25 (at least) teddy bears! Until then, in case you didn't know... "I LOVE YARN!"
No comments:
Post a Comment