Thursday, March 15, 2012

Baby and Mommy gifts

Did you know that March is National Craft Month? One good thing about crafting of any kind, it's a good form of procrastination! My husband and I just found out that he got a new job and we have to be ready to move in less than a week. Still, I find myself looking for ways to put off packing. Actually, I'm really sad that I don't actually have time to focus on crafts right now, but am glad I've found time to fit in a few last minute gifts.
A friend of mine had a baby a few weeks ago. When I asked her what she wanted, all she would allow me to do for her was a very simple pair of baby booties. Honestly, she had no idea what she was doing to me, asking for "simple". There are so many cute ideas out there, simple was the last thing I wanted to do. Still, out of respect for her, I finally went to my baby bootie pattern that I used to use when I made booties for the Church's' Humanitarian program. When all was said and done, in my humble opinion, these simple baby booties are darn cute!
Still, I decided to be sneaky. Since she would only let me make booties for her new baby boy, I decided to make a "mommy gift". I chose two things that she had admired in the past. First, my most favorite crochet Mary Jane slippers. This picture doesn't do them justice. They are adorable and OH so comfy!
I added some tiny crochet flower details.
Second, this pearl ring that I have been receiving loads of compliments on lately. A few weeks ago at church, a woman stopped me in the hall to tell me how much she liked it. When i admit that I had made it, she studied it up close and had me walk through the steps of how I'd done it. Hopefully, my friend will like it just as much. And since I won't be in the ward anymore, she'll be the only one to have one like it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE THEM!!!!! I hope moving is a good thing and it goes well. I need to make a order in a few months after you get moved and settled in. You are amazing!!