Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Transformation Beginnings

My mind has been racing with all these little projects that I want to do, and because there are so many of them, I have been having trouble sticking to just one at a time. I find myself hopping from one to the next, thinking up three more ideas while working on another, all the while not actually finishing anything.
Most of these projects fall under a similar category, that of transformation. Okay, okay, fine, the real word should probably be "up cycle", but that word makes me think of the recycling basket in my kitchen. No, really, "transformation" is so much nicer. Makes me think of butterflies, not empty milk jugs.
Step by baby step, these little projects are finally starting to come together. So, it hit me, I better start blogging!!!  For the next several posts, I'm going to be talking about "transformations", taking something and altering its' appearance or nature in some way or another, some in big ways, some in little.  I hope you'll enjoy the journey with me!
I thought I'd start our journey with something pretty and soft. Can't go wrong with pretty and soft, right? I have been totally inspired by all of the sweet throw pillows I see in all the stores. There are so many options, there's something out there for everyone!! Where does one begin? I don't know about everyone else, but I begin with what I know and what I like, and I know I like crocheted stuff!  So, we begin with a blue pillow that I love! It's so soft, pretty, and, well, plain.  
Then, there was a doily. How I absolutely love this beautiful gray doily!

 Pillow, meet doily!
 Viola!! Simple touch, beautiful transformation.
And so, our  journey has begun! I can't wait to see where it goes!!

No comments: