Sunday, June 10, 2012

Transforming boxes into peace of mind

This next project was extremely simple and has proven to be extremely useful. The master bathroom in our townhouse has a wall of storage shelves. Nice for storage, not nice too look at. As I tried, again and again to unpack all the little things like cotton balls, Q-tips, toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc, I was frustrated that I couldn't make the shelves look nice. Granted, only my husband and I would be seeing them, but I still wanted them to look organized.
I found the solution  in all those little empty boxes I had just unpacked! I gathered all of the boxes I could find of similar shape and size and cut the top panels off. A quick trip to Dollar Tree led me to the discovery that they sell some really cute wrapping paper.
 Empty boxes + $1 roll of wrapping paper= cheap and easy storage solution.
Even better, peace of mind in an organized room!
Everything in its own place, easy to find, easy to put away! 
This was a seriously simple transformation!  You could easily add ribbon, buttons, bows, flowers, etc. At the time, I was just in a hurry to get the bathroom organized. These transformed boxes may still receive another transformation... someday.

No comments: