Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Gift-A-Palooza!!

Before we went to Arizona to visit family for an early Christmas, I got the crazy idea to make everyone something for Christmas! You can only imagine how the yarn and paint flew around my house for the weeks leading up to the trip! I finally had a moment to share with you some of the items that I made!
I absolutely love love love this trivet I made for my aunt (who shares in my love of crochet).
I have actually made several of these but forgot to get pictures before presenting them. I wish I'd gotten a picture of the poinsettia inspired one I made for my mom. It was so beautiful.
 
After I finished this tote bag for my niece Brilee, I had to force myself to give it to her. It turned out so pretty that I wanted to make one for myself (like I need another bag!).
I absolutely love the giant mum on the front.
. Brilee's mom liked the bag so much she told me she wasn't going to let Brilee use it, she wanted to tuck it away and keep it nice. I begged her to let her use it, promising to make another next year!
My niece, Natalie, loved her bag, too. She informed me that purple is her favorite color (which I had discovered through not so sly investigation- I had asked her mom!)
6 year old Sarah isn't so much of a girly-girl, but she does love dinosaurs and pink and purple. When I found this pattern for a stuffed stegosaurus, I decided to play with the pattern and turn it into a purse.

I knew I wanted to make each of the girls a hat. Since two of them are sisters, I just decided to make matching ones for pictures and such. This pattern was so easy and fun, and the girls loved them!
I knew Sarah wouldn't be into the "frilly" hat, so I decided to make her a fun hat as well. She definitely preferred this one to the other:
For me, boys are a bit harder to craft for. However, Zach's mom had told me that he liked Transformers. This beanie didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped, but he loved it and it fit him perfectly!
This next project was very close to my heart, I would love to make one for every woman I know. It was a fun and fairly easy project to make.... which is good since I need one for myself!
And last, but most certainly not least.... I saw on Wal-mart's site that you could personalize a bucket with snowman themed snowballs inside. At $20, I knew I could do it so much cheaper- and I think it came out even cuter!!!
I have to tell you, when my cousin's girls saw this, they went crazy. We had so much fun with this indoor snowball fight (presented with a box of hot cocoa and marshmallows for warming up afterwards), I hope to make one for my home, too!! Hey, there are two kids living here, after all. Old kids, but kids nonetheless!
If only Christmas wasn't just a week away.... so many projects, so little time!

No comments: