Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Wreath with a Twist

I'm starting to feel like I've fallen off the face of the planet with blogging. It's not that I'm not crafting. In fact, I'm crafting SO much that I've been overwhelmed at posting it all.
Because of work, my husband and I made an early trip to see my family before Thanksgiving. I had been on the lookout for a project I could do with my sister while we were there, but she actually beat me to it. She showed up at my moms' house with this prize that she'd won at Bunco the night before:
It was so cute, we decided to make a few more of them for Christmas presents. I got so caught up with working on mine, that Tracy ended up doing nearly all of the work on these Christmas wreaths for my aunt and grandma.

 

Didn't they come out so pretty? I felt guilty that I didn't help her more with hers, especially since I didn't end up finishing mine that day anyway. It's not a difficult project, but because I'd chosen different styles of ornaments, I was struggling to decide how to put it together. My "wreath" actually sat in my basement for nearly 2 weeks before I finally finished it. It is nothing like the beautiful wreath's that Tracy created, but it came out kind of cute, anyway!
Really adds to that horrible brick wall in my kitchen!
Overall, this really is a fun and simple project!  There are so many different directions that you can take it, and you can really personalize it to your taste!

No comments: