Sunday, October 30, 2011

Inspired by a marshmallow

Have you ever been inspired by food? I am a big fan of food, but I think this may be the first time I have ever been truly inspired by a marshmallow!

Anyone who knows me well knows that I am a little obsessed with Peanuts- as in Snoopy, Charlie Brown... you know, Peanuts. I love Snoopy, but especially at holidays, the Peanuts Gang hold a special place in my heart. That's why I wasn't surprised that my mom picked up this Snoopy marshmallow "sucker" for me.

My first thought when I saw it was, "Well that's just cute... what do I do with it?" You can't eat something this adorable, but do you really want to keep it? I don't think storing things like this is a great idea- bugs and all. So, I decided to recreate it as something more permanent...
Tail and all...



Given how much I like Peanuts, I realized that this is the only item I have for Halloween. I think this is the perfect piece. Seriously, I love marshmallows, but I couldn't be more pleased. The sucker on the other hand- have you ever actually eaten one? They're disgusting. Evidently, they really are just for show!