Saturday, November 19, 2011

Peacock Party!

My niece is turning six after Thanksgiving (where does the time go?!), and has decided to have a peacock party. Evidently, peacocks are "all the rage". I'm not sure where she got the idea, but she dressed up as a peacock for Halloween and it has just gone from there. She is having a little party with just a few friends, so my sister asked me if I would design some peacock feather hair clips to give to the girls. She asked me to focus on just the "eye" of the feather. Interestingly enough, I saw her party invite after designing the "feather".
I must admit, it's not something I would have thought of without prompting, but I think they turned out very pretty. I love that the long stitches seem to create a "feathered" look. To me, at least. I'm sure the girls will love them.

No comments: