Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Snowflakes of Christmas Past

I don't know about your family, but I like to put up my Christmas tree as soon as Thanksgiving is over. This is my very favorite time of the year and one month just isn't long enough to celebrate it! The music, the lights, the decorations, but most of all, the feelings that come with this most precious time of year.

I wasn't able to decorate my tree as soon as I would have liked to this year. So, I started dreaming about all of my beautiful ornaments, still tucked away in boxes. I love them so much that I thought I would share some of them with you! These ornaments came about many years ago thanks to a special order from a friend of my sisters'. I had never tried anything like this before. I fell in love right away, and the passion for such items has never gone away. I'm hoping to find time to make some all new ones this year! Until then, please enjoy these Snowflakes of Christmases past!

The next one has always been my favorite! There's just something so special about it!Of course, I couldn't just stick with flat snowflakes! I was inspired! I came across patterns where you could crochet a cover for your bulbs. I took it one step further and starched them on water balloons. So delicate!Of course, who could leave out the bells?










Or the snowmen (last years' project)? Love these guys!!

And last, but certainly not least:

My most favorite Christmas decoration of all has to be these angels. What could be prettier?

Thanks for taking this stroll down memory lane with me!

No comments: