Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pretty Pearl Ring

I went to Hobby Lobby last week with a list of various items I needed for all of the many, MANY projects I am currently in the middle of. What I didn't need was one more thing. But, when I saw these pearly flower beads, I just had to have them.

I don't know why, but I have had a thing for pearls lately. Add that to the fact that the smaller flower is reminiscent of a snowflake, and I just fell in love. I knew right away what I wanted to do with them.After walking by this little package of flowers for days now, even with the dozens of items on my "To Do" list, I just couldn't take it anymore. I sat down with my needle and elastic thread and made this unusual ring. It's different from the rings I've been making, but maybe that's part of its' appeal. I didn't like how it sat on the metal bands that I have, but I like this pearl band so much better.
And, apparently, I'm not the only one. When my sister saw this on my finger Thanksgiving day, she immediately asked for one. With one slight change.
This black pearl adds just the right touch!

No comments: