I'm sure that by now you've noticed that I like to "re-use" items that most people would throw away. Well, today is no different. When I saw an empty honey bear, I just couldn't "bear" (sorry, too easy) to throw him away! Especially with Valentine's Day right around the corner. If you happen to have an empty honey bear sitting around, this is a fun and easy craft you could do with your kids! I believe that I have also seen empty honey bears at Macey's for around $1.00. If you are going to purchase one, though, I would recommend going to Dollar Tree, buy a full honey bear, pour the honey into another container and use that!
The hat is made of foam, his bow tie of red felt and I used a spare crochet heart to cover the label. Most of all, though, I have to give creative props where they are due. It was my husbands' idea to fill the bear with conversation hearts.
Thanks "Honey"!
I just realized that this would be a cute Visiting Teaching treat for February! If you purchase the bears from Dollar Tree, leave the honey in them and on the front of the heart, put a little message, conversation heart style, that says "You're Sweet"! Oooooh....
No comments:
Post a Comment