Monday, February 27, 2012

Special cards for special people

February 25th turned out to be a very busy day this year! Not only was it my hubbies birthday, a friend of mine also got married!! What an exciting day!
Special days mean special cards. Homemade cards for guys are always sort of hard. You don't want them to come out feminine in any way but you can only do fish themed cards so much... I think I managed okay with my husbands' birthday card this year. He even complimented it!
The "congrats on your marriage" card was even harder. I wanted it to be something really special, especially since I wasn't able to be there. I wanted her to know that I cared enough to take the time. Hopefully, it shows! It actually took me a few days to put together, after thinking about it and studying it out for weeks. Then it didn't turn out anything like I originally planned. I think I'm okay with that...

No comments: