Monday, February 20, 2012

Pretty Paper Flowers

A few weeks ago, I was browsing Craftgawker (a habit I am trying to break) and I stumbled across these really cute paper flowers. I've always liked origami, so I thought I'd give them a try. You've probably seen these all over Pinterest or other forums like I have but I did really like the tutorial link she provides on her blog. It was easy to follow and in no time I was making tons of these little buds.
Just in time for Valentine's Day! My mom had found this pretty little basket at Michael's but wasn't sure what to put in it. We agreed that the floppy stems looked perfect hanging over the little "picket fence" style basket.
These flowers aren't hard at all and they are very addicting, but may I suggest that you use a bone tool when folding? I completely destroyed my thumb nail folding all of these. Also, since I used hot glue to glue these all together, I used a clothes pin to pinch each petal together while the glue dried. This allowed me to hurry on to the next petal rather than having to hold each one while they dried. For the stems I used doubled up pipe cleaners wrapped in floral tape. Not perfect with the weight of paper I used, but as I said before, the floppy stems sort of worked with this project!
Happy folding!!

No comments: