Monday, October 8, 2012

Do the wave!

When I started thinking about a baby blanket pattern for one of my very favorite people in the world - you know who you are-  my first thought was to do a Chevron pattern, a pattern I knew she'd like. After starting over and over and over again- 5 times-  making a little change here, a switcharoo there, I ended up with this
 I was surprised when it went from a Chevron stitch into more of a wave. I almost started over a sixth time, but I was so taken by the design this pattern was making that I decided to stick with it. I am so glad that I did because I couldn't be happier with the final result.
 Not only do I love the pattern, I love these colors together. I know they aren't the typical soft baby colors, but for me that was part of the appeal. So, against my better judgement, I used these same colors to make a hat for the precious new baby boy. 
Nothing could possibly make this little boy cuter, but I still hope to see him in this cute little hat!!

No comments: