I always love having the opportunity to crochet baby blankets, it's one of my most favorite things to do. Luckily, I have been given lots of chances to do so lately.
The most difficult part of any baby blanket is choosing the pattern. I always want to choose just the right pattern for the person. Of course, what I would choose is rarely the same as what the person would choose, but I enjoy playing around until I stumble across the stitch that feels right. I love stepping back, looking at the blanket, and feeling that I finally got it right.
Sometimes, even after finishing a project, I'm still not sure. Okay, most of the time I'm still not sure, which means starting over. That's what happened a few weeks ago. My sister had requested a soft yellow baby blanket for her friend who was having a little girl. I played with a lot of different things before this pattern came together.
Somehow, it had an antique-y sort of feel to me. I liked it, but wasn't sure it was right. Setting it aside to think it over, I found myself wanting to make a second blanket for her to choose from, in case the first wasn't right. Upon discovering that I was out of yellow, I picked out all new colors and set about to do something completely different.
I think I managed to make something different from the first, don't you? Both very girly, very feminine, and yet polar opposites.
I sent pictures of both to my sister and let her choose. Which one do you think she picked? Which one would you pick if the choice were yours?


No comments:
Post a Comment