Friday, October 12, 2012

Pssst.... I Love Yarn!

October 12th is "I Love Yarn" Day! I completely missed it last year, so when I saw the date was coming up, I made sure to send myself a reminder!
There are several things you can do to share the love on "I love Yarn" day. This year, I am choosing to wear a crocheted item and give a gift of yarn. The gift I am giving is the perfect two-fer item for today's post!
Last year right before Thanksgiving, I finished this adorable "Pumpkin Scarecrow".
You might remember him from last year. I am crazy in love with him, he's one of my very favorite Fall decorations. My mom also fell in love with him. As soon as she saw him, she requested one just like him. That's saying something, my mom never asks me to make her anything because she doesn't want to "be a bother"! Isn't that silly?
Sadly, I never quite got around to making her one. However, I never forgot her request. It's been in the back of my mind for nearly a year. I have been determined to re-create Mr. Pumpkin Man! Finally, that day has come!  Meet the newest member of our Pumpkin Patch!
Isn't he precious?! I just love this little man. And this time, I actually wrote the pattern down as I went along.
If this doesn't bring a smile to your face, I don't know what will. He is going to make the perfect gift for "I Love Yarn" day! I love a good excuse to give the gift of yarn!

No comments: