Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Baby gifts- the best kind of gifts!

I am so ashamed of myself for not doing better to keep up with this blog! I think everyone has given up on me by now, but I will try to do better!
You know that you've been a bad friend when you drop by a few days after Christmas to deliver Christmas goodies (better late than never, right?!) and your friend walks into the living room holding a brand new baby boy that you didn't even know she was expecting!! Seriously. That was a smack upside my head that I needed to get out of my own little world a little more.
To tell the truth, I had actually wondered. I'd had this little nagging feeling, but I didn't want to show up with a baby gift and find out I was wrong. That would have been weird. Am I right?
Being a bad friend, I tried to make it up to her. I told her to name it, I'd make it. She had a couple of requests, actually, and I did my very best to fulfill them!
First off, the worlds' cutest little hat!
I had to play around with a few different patterns, mix and match a bit, but I am in love with the results! How cute! And so very very soft!
Her next request was actually sort of funny. She wanted a train baby blanket in honor of baby "Thomas".  She based her request on a blanket I made several years ago:
However, she didn't want it in blue and she didn't want pastels. She wanted maybe red or green.
I went home with a lot to think about. Finally, after a lot of thought, and a few failed attempts, I came up with something both red and green... and some blue, too.
 I don't think she minded the pastel blue in this case.
As she said, even President Thomas S. Monson likes trains!

1 comment:

Leane said...

You are one SUPER talented lady. That is the most fun train blanket AND I concur on the world's cutest hat.