Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Mermaid Tears (aka. My First Crocodile Stitch)

The first time I saw this purse pattern, I knew that I had to try it. I had been seeing the crocodile stitch everywhere, and wasn't really interested, but this was different. I printed it out and tucked it away in my pattern notebook... and there it sat. Every time I found it, I paused, sighed, and thought "I have to try that someday!" It just looked so intimidating, and I didn't really need a new purse!
The other day, I was going through my yarn and my eyes kept coming back to these three shades that I thought would go so well together. But what to do with them? A blanket? A pillow?
A purse!!!
 I, for one, love it! Actually, even my dad commented on how pretty it was (and he doesn't do that, so wow! That's huge!).
I'm so glad that I finally took the time to attempt this pattern. It wasn't nearly as challenging as I had originally expected! And the results were well worth the time that it took!


No comments: