Monday, April 18, 2011

Easy Easter Cards




I absolutely love these great paper flowers. They work up in no time at all and can be used to adorn anything!! They are so pretty, you don't need anything else! This foldable envelope pattern works great as a card in and of itself. It's small and slips perfectly into a small easter basket. If I had a link to a template, I'd share it, but it's something I made up on my own many years ago.



To make these great flowers, all you need is:






~papers of various colors and patterns






~scissors, regular or with patterned edges (optional)






~rhinestones, buttons, or sequins (optional)



~Step One~



Cut or tear the paper into various sizes of circles. You can use a stencil to draw the circles on the paper first if you want (I did), but perfect circles aren't necessary.






~Step Two~



Crumple the paper circles (individually is best) into little balls in your hand. Carefully unfold, then crumple one or two more times. Repeat with each circle.






~Step Three~



Layer the circles by size in any pattern you like, dabbing a bit of glue in between each.



~Step Four~



Glue the rhinestone, button, or sequin to the middle. I used a hot glue gun, but double sided tape or a glue dot would work as well. Viola! You're done. A beautiful card/ scrapbook embellishment for anytime!



No comments: